lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

Changing Places
Once in a while changes are important. We need constant changes in our lives to make it more interesting.I like changes because it keeps me from feeling bored. I think that we have to adapt to all the changes because life is always changing, the life always give us changes that we have to accept. Just guess how bored the life would be without changes. Life give us changes always, every day, every week, every year that we have to go though because they are normal situations that all the humans live in some part of their lives. Sometimes, the changes are very hard but we always have to fight and not to give up. God always give us changes because they are essential part of life. All the changes are for our benefit, because nothing happen for accident. Changes always teach us something, they give us important experiences that will help us in daily life.
My mom is an English teacher. She teaches Kinder Garten at Colegio Internacional Montessori so every year she and all the teachers have to make the decorations for their classroom. At the end of the year this decorations end in the trash or they are given away to a public school. Claudia Chacón one of the teachers that work with my mom decorated her class with dinosaurs. She made four dinosaurs and one Pterodactyl. 
She made one green T-Rex, a red Stegosaurus, a sky-blue Giraffatitan, a pink Triceratops and a yellow Pterodactyl. She asked my mom if she wanted the decorations because she knew I like dinosaurs. My mom accepted all the dinosaurs. Since I’m a little kid I love dinosaurs, I used to read magazines about dinosaurs and I used to play only with dinosaurs toys. I have thirty-two magazines of dinosaurs. I used to know all the names of dinosaurs. I love all the movies of dinosaurs like Jurassic Park and the Disney Movie Dinosaurs.  My mom Ligia showed me all the dinosaurs and I just like them a lot because my dream was to decorate my room with dinosaurs. She asked me what color did I want to paint my room. My answer was red because it is my favorite color and I was bored of the white bored wall, but my mom told me that the color red was going to make my room darker. My room only have one little window at the left corner of the room with an old sunblind. I was indeed to choose a color that didn’t made my room darker. I choose blue because I like this color. I think blue is a fun color, is a strong color for boys and also it was lighter than red. My mom Ligia and me went to a paint shop to choose the color and the size of the pail. We went to a little mall called Montserrat close to my house. We started looking for the best blue paint. My mom chose a big Sherwin Williams pail. I was very excited because it was the first time that my room will be paint. We bought yellow, soft sponges because my mom wanted to paint my room with sponges. We paint my room in two days with the help of the son of one aunt of my mom called Adolfo. I was always helping in my room but I was a little kid so I couldn’t do that much. We had to be careful and I could ruin the entire wall.  It was very exhausted and very fun to paint all my room, we only rested at night. Painting with sponges was a great idea because it looked very cool and very original. When we finished I put the five dinosaurs spread in the four walls of my blue room. I was very happy because my room looked very cool. I accomplished one of my dreams at the age of five. One year later we had to remove them because they were full of dust. My room will never look the same without those dinosaurs.        


2 comentarios:

  1. Luis Fer:

    Be careful of subject-verb agreement and present/past tense. Keep what happened in the past in the past, and what happened in the present, in the present.

    Also, try to break up your ideas into paragraphs, because otherwise it is very hard to read. Also, instead of telling me what you're going to talk about, just talk about it! Leading with "I am going to say..." is good for formal papers, but from a creative standpoint, it sort of ruins the surprise of the story.

    Here are a couple of examples/short notes:

    • I like changes because "it keeps me from feeling bored."

    • Use lots of concrete details/adjectives to describe your scene.

    Overall, nice work! Concentrate on the details and on telling your story.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Also, think what else this story says about you getting older? Would you still want a room with dinosaurs? How does the change make you feel as you get older? How does the decor of your room change as you do?

    ResponderEliminar