sábado, 30 de julio de 2011



First Time in Mickey’s Land
Go to Disney was the dream of my life as a typical child. I was nine years and I wasn’t expecting to go that year. My relationship with my father isn’t the best. He doesn’t live with me since I was born. It was November and I was in vacations and he asked my mom one week after the trip if I could go with him to Orlando. This was unbelievable my dad offering me a trip of one week to Disney, how could I say no? We went to the embassy of the US. It was full I wasn’t nervous I really didn’t know what to think. After a long row we got to the little window where it was the woman in charge of giving visas. She asked a lot of questions to my mom, she was ready with all the things that she asked for. My dad instead went without anything; he was very nervous. She just looked at me and didn’t ask me anything. I got the visa and I found out what my dad was hiding. We weren’t going alone; if I wanted to go I had to share with his family (two half-brothers, his wife and my grandmother). I really didn’t wasn’t sure to go but it was a great chance to met Mickey to let it go.

When I got to the airport I was happy I was going to know that awesome place called Disney. The plane was full, the flight detached Guatemala more or less at 7:00 p.m. two hours late. I was knowing them better when we went down of the plane I noticed that my grandmother stole a blanket of the plane. It made me feel that I didn’t belonged to that type of family. The next day we went to Magic Kingdom when I saw the castle I was stunned it was imposing to see that magnificent castle. I took a lot of photos that day the most were of the castle. I remember that I had a silly camera it was old it wasn’t digital so it was pretty difficult to use it.

The next day we went to a park called “Bush Gardens” I didn’t know a lot of English for that time so I thought it was named in honour to their current President George Bush. The park actually is called “Bush Gardens” because it is full of gardens with geese. The park is in Tampa, so we made a tired trip of three hours from our hotel that was of the size of a big house to Tampa. The park was only of Russian mountains. I was glad because I had the height to enjoy all the games. My half-brother is younger than me so he cried all the day because he was too little to get in the mountains. I bought my mom a pink bracelet because I didn’t want to come back without any gift.

We also went to the famous Florida Mall and an outlet next to it. My dad bought me my second pair of soccer shoes. They were awesome, the tennis all wanted, a pair of gray “total 90”. I bought two nice cars for my car collection. The day on the mall was funny I got nervous when I saw two black people talking by walkie-talkie in front of the Nike store but they didn’t do anything or at least something I could see. It was a rainy day so we got very wet. When we went to the hotel I stayed with my dad’s wife; I can’t call her my stepmom and my two half-brothers because my dad and my grandmother went to Wal-Mart, that mysterious supermarket that now it’s the greatest supermarket in Guatemala. My half-brother broke one window of one of new cars. I cried all night and I fall asleep very angry.

The previous day after we came back we went to Sea World. We were annoyed to follow the tour guide so we went alone to the park. I didn’t want to give food to the dolphins because that experience of giving a fish to a dolphin seems repulsive. I missed the Shamoo show because I was hungry. I bought a dolphin toy for my real brother because I wanted to give him a gift. We made a row of one hour for the unique Russian mountain of Sea World as the entire trip my half-bother couldn’t go in.

When I came back I felt good when I watched my real family I was happy because I was in Guatemala. I didn’t see any Mickey in my entire trip but I felt bless to know Orlando and Tampa. I bought one thing for every member of my family. I was glad to be again with the people I love the most. The second time in Disney was better. I went with my uncle, my aunt and my three cousins two years later. Go with my mom and my brother is my dream. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario