lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

Managua
It was the first time I was going to travel to another country; I was very excited to know what it feels to be on a plane. I went to Nicaragua for a Cruzada of my church Casa de Dios. I traveled with two of my aunts, my cousin Paulina and a friend of the family. I remember that day very clearly, I didn’t go to school that day; my flight was going to leave at 1:00 p.m. more or less. I remember that the flight was full because it wasn’t going only to Managua; it was going to San José and Panama City too. I sited on the window to see all the clouds from my sit.
When we arrived to Managua I have a clearly memory of what I saw. I saw an old airstrip full of large grass. The sun was very hot. I remembered that the horizon was unclearly because of the high temperature. I thought that the temperature of my grandfather’s town in Chiquimula was hot, well, the climate in Managua was higher; even that the city is the cooler in all the country.  I got down of the airplane full of delicious food. My family and I were surprised to see that the Managua’s airport was better than our airport. I don’t know what was the temperature, but I think it was like 35ºc I have never been at this high temperature.  I got out of the airport, out of the airport the temperature was even higher.  I got on the shuttle of the Holiday Inn Hotel. In the shuttle were only my family, the friend of my family and an American citizen called “Jaguar” or something like that. The driver turned on the air conditioner as we entered to the shuttle.

We got to the hotel like at 4:00 p.m. I really don’t remember. The workers of the hotel weren’t very nice I think that the high temperature made them to stay in bad mood. The hotel was amazing and I was happy because it had air conditioner in every part of it. When we entered to our room I saw a large pool it really seemed to be fresh but the sun was very hot so I really don’t want to discover if it was fresh. The next day we had to go to the national baseball field in the downtown of Managua. It was the time of the traffic on a typical Thursday afternoon. The temperature was high; I felt warm even with the air conditioner of the rented car turned on. We get to the stadium at the end of the afternoon it was full, the temperature was fresher at that hour, but the temperature was higher than the temperature of a noon in Guatemala. At 11:00 p.m. the temperature was like 30ºc or more.

The next day we stayed in the hotel with my cousin, we were alone and we were just nine years old. It was bored to stay in the hotel, but we were with air conditioner all night. We can’t get out of the room because we were very young. We have to hide of all the church staff because we were supposed to be in the stadium that night. On Saturday we went to shop with my family to the greatest mall of Nicaragua. I think that the taxi driver turn on the air conditioned because he noticed that we were foreign, he seems to be very normal. The mall was very hot we entered to every shop to enjoy the air conditioner I remember that in Benetton I saw that the air conditioner temperature was -8ºc but we were looking for that cold temperature. My uncle was buying exotic rocks and next to it there were a fountain so we entered to wet us with my cousin.  All the people were looking at us but we really didn’t care.

The last day in Managua we stayed in the hotel all day our flight was leaving like at 7:00 p.m. The return flight was full of wildness so the airline “Copa Airlines” didn’t serve us food. We landed in Guatemala at 8:00 p.m. My adventure in Nicaragua was ended. If someone told me to go to Nicaragua again I would go without any doubt. Even the temperature I love that country and I want to go again.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario