lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

First Day
It was the first day of my life in High School; I was very excited to know what feels to be in High School. High School will bring many changes to my life. Two of my best friends were gone to another school, so I was going to be with people I didn’t talk a lot the last year. I was sit with my new friends in the classroom; of course the teacher wasn’t there so we were talking about what we have done in our vacations. I remember that this new guy entered though the door and he said: “Hi! I already came” his sarcastic tone wasn’t funny at all, I don’t like sarcastic people. Maybe he was nervous or he was just trying to catch our attention as the new one of the group. He also said “don’t bother me because I’m new” it was obvious that he wasn’t shy because he was screaming to all the class what he was thinking.

I forgotten about him for a moment, because the new teacher entered to the class and he started talking us about his name and all that stuff. Cell phones aren’t allowed at my old school “Manos a la Obra” and there he was again playing with his cell phone; he is very disrespectful! I thought. The teacher told him to keep away his cell phone. He was lucky, maybe because the teacher was new he doesn’t knew that if a cell phone was out he should take away it. The teacher told us to say our name to all the class as a normal activity on a first day of school. He was at the other side of the classroom so I heard that he said: "My name is Oscar Fernando Reyes Jimenez", as it was necessary to say you full name; I thought.  
Now I realize that when you’re new you should say your full name because no one knows anything about you. Someone asked: "Of what school do you come from?" "Capouilliez", he replied. I knew that a lot of crazy people study there so that didn’t help.

The next day one of my friends told me that he was repeating seventh grade; that maybe made my statement true; he was stupid. That day, in gym class, I realized how tall he was. He wasn’t very shorter than me. Thank God, I’m not racist because he is dark skin and I don’t know what else I would think about him if I were racist. We were playing, someone asked the score and he said five- two you understand five-two in English it doesn’t make sense but in Spanish for me it isn’t fun. That was the point that he really started to dislike me. In art class the same day I made a human shape making fun that it was him. I don’t know how it feels about this but, I’m sure that my acts weren’t funny at all and that maybe it hurt him.

The year passed by, and we became really good friends. I went to his house and to my surprise his house is amazing. His house has everything a house need and much more; a pool, a room with mini-soccer,  air hockey, pool, Playstation 3, Wii, led TV’s a big mirror of the size of the wall, Jacuzzi, sauna and that was just his room. The greatest house I have ever met. But, material things aren’t everything what he have. I realized how humble he was because he never told us about his incredible house. He is a very loyal person, he is the type of person that is always there for you. He has some attitudes that I still don’t like, his sarcastic jokes for example.

He taught me two things don’t judge people if you don’t know them well. You never know if some that you don’t like will become your friend. You don’t know how much you hurt when you make fun of someone just because what they say or how they look. He also taught me that being humble is the best quality you can have. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario